So if you read my last post, you would know that right now I am not having the smoothest sailing. I told you the dry sad story, but I am mentally ready to tell you some of "funnier" aspects of my night in the ER. Please feel free to laugh at me.
The Uterus EXAM
So, we got into the emergency room and were waiting in our own little area for the doc to come start checking me out. A little known fact about me (but one you could probably guess) is that when I get nervous I totally get the worst gas ever. Like my whole digestive tract just starts going in overdrive and I never know what is going to happen next. So, the doctor tells me to take off all my clothes, and put on one of those gowns. Once im ready, he comes back in and lifts the gown and starts pressing on my stomach to feel where my uterus is. *pffffffffffffft* I totally let it rip. he pressed down, not my fault. I tried doing the whole cough-to-cover-up-a-fart trick...but I dont think it worked. Coughs dont smell like road kill. You are welcome for the TMI.
Putting in the IV/ Taking Out the IV
While, another little known fact about me is I am borderline anemic. So when people put needles in me for whatever reason, I always come out looking like a heroin addict because I bruise up really easily. Here is a picture of the beautiful aftermath of my IV. Keep in mind he got the IV in on the first try.
The NIGHT SHIFT TECH
The night shift guy was pretty shady at first, but once I got him talking he was pretty cool. Turns out he was from a different country and was a liscensed doctor there, but when he moved here he could only be an ultrasound tecnician unless he wanted to re-do school. Him and I talked about how unfair it was, and how I would go knock some sense into the other doctors that talk down to him. He was such a cool and smart guy, and went above and beyone while doing my ultrasound. When he sent everything to radiology and left I was so sad. I secretly wished he was a doctor here so I could have had him as my OBGYN. He was that friendly after opening up. I am sure it is nice having people acknowledge all the hard work and little appreciation you get.
CRAZY NURSE
So, I have silly blood. When the nurse went to take out my IV, blood came squirting out on her. I felt bad, but I kind of laughed. Anyways, she had to literally put all her weight on my poor arm for like 5 minutes to get it to stop. And she was a "sassy black woman" ( that what she called herself!!!) So she didnt mind if I screamed!
THE CATHEDER
There is nothing to say here except: NEVER AGAIN.
that will be all.
*update today*
I have had cramps all day long, and the bleeding has not stopped but it is darker and not heavy like it was before. I am still trying to stay postive and hope for the best outcome. I will not know much more until monday, and BED REST SUCKS. but, colin is sooooo nice and he cares so much and it makes me feel so much better. I love him :)
I have had cramps all day long, and the bleeding has not stopped but it is darker and not heavy like it was before. I am still trying to stay postive and hope for the best outcome. I will not know much more until monday, and BED REST SUCKS. but, colin is sooooo nice and he cares so much and it makes me feel so much better. I love him :)
This is me trying to be happy and positive, I hope I fooled you because I am still scared out of my mind.
Send happy thoughts and prayers please, poor little baby needs it.
Send happy thoughts and prayers please, poor little baby needs it.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.