I normally keep things light and fluffy and full of fun on here, but today is gonna be a little different. . .
Everything was going great yesterday, I was just feeling good and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I have mentioned before that I have had a pretty smooth pregnancy (No morning sickness etc).
It was about 1:30am and Colin was over and we were watching TV and just hanging out since it was the first night of the long weekend. I went upstairs because I had to pee for like the billionth time that day, and when I stood up and went to wipe all this blood came running down my legs. I thought maybe it was spotting but it was not. It was basically like getting a period (Sorry if that is TMI for any of you.)
So naturally I started crying and I got Colin and I said "Colin I am bleeding." and he rushed upstairs while I went and got my mom. We got into the car, and it was so quiet; no one spoke the whole way.
On our way to the ER, I started getting mild cramping and felt a little tingly. I just remember I kept praying and praying that everything would be alright. I don't think I have ever seen Colin so scared in my life. He was holding my hand but I could feel how tense he was.
So naturally I started crying and I got Colin and I said "Colin I am bleeding." and he rushed upstairs while I went and got my mom. We got into the car, and it was so quiet; no one spoke the whole way.
On our way to the ER, I started getting mild cramping and felt a little tingly. I just remember I kept praying and praying that everything would be alright. I don't think I have ever seen Colin so scared in my life. He was holding my hand but I could feel how tense he was.
The nurse checked my heart rate etc when I came in, and she could tell I was freaking out because it was super high and I was red in the face and probably looked like a wreck.
Once we got into the room, they put me on an IV and inserted a catheter (sp?) which hurt super bad. They took my blood type in case I would need any shots ( I figured out I am O+). They asked me a lot of questions, checked my bleeding, and then sent me up into the emergency ultrasound room.
When we were up there he checked everything on the ultrasound, and we got to see the baby moving and sucking his thumb and that honestly felt like winning the lottery to me.
I would take that moment over a million dollars any day.
He sent everything else he checked into radiology, and then they carted me back into the room where I waited to hear the official results. Just because the baby is moving around etc does not mean that everything is OK. There could be problems with your uterus, your placenta, your cervix, etc.
When he came in, he told me that there was a 50% chance of miscarriage, and a 50% chance everything would end up alright. I am put in the "high risk" category for now and I was diagnosed with "threatened miscarriage". I know that the baby is healthy from all the blood work I got done last week, so it would not be from any "disorder" that the baby has or something like that. The baby also measured right on track. The doctor said that bleeding is usually never "good" but with bed rest and basically not getting up at all until further notice, I will improve my chances of sustaining the pregnancy.
So obviously, I am in the middle of a very scary time. I have a follow-up with my OBGYN on Monday that they scheduled, and my appointments are going to start being more frequent now. It would have been sooner, but with Easter break and all of that, everyone is gone. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am on the good 50% and this baby will be OK.
Send happy thoughts our way please :)
He sent everything else he checked into radiology, and then they carted me back into the room where I waited to hear the official results. Just because the baby is moving around etc does not mean that everything is OK. There could be problems with your uterus, your placenta, your cervix, etc.
When he came in, he told me that there was a 50% chance of miscarriage, and a 50% chance everything would end up alright. I am put in the "high risk" category for now and I was diagnosed with "threatened miscarriage". I know that the baby is healthy from all the blood work I got done last week, so it would not be from any "disorder" that the baby has or something like that. The baby also measured right on track. The doctor said that bleeding is usually never "good" but with bed rest and basically not getting up at all until further notice, I will improve my chances of sustaining the pregnancy.
So obviously, I am in the middle of a very scary time. I have a follow-up with my OBGYN on Monday that they scheduled, and my appointments are going to start being more frequent now. It would have been sooner, but with Easter break and all of that, everyone is gone. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am on the good 50% and this baby will be OK.
Send happy thoughts our way please :)
I will be back later today with an update to keep you all posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.