but I am very supersicious.
I am not sure if that is even the right word to describe what I am talking about, but basically when I have a dilemma that I need solved I ask the baby! If he kicks, I know he is on board and if he does not kick I know he is taking a vow of silence until I come to my senses.
Laugh all you want, but my baby (much to my dismay) does not like the book the very hungry caterpillar. :(
So we had to decide on a new nursery idea. So after much collaberation with Colin, we have decided on a modern theme that will keep me busy. I found "DIY baby rooms" and picked ideas off of numerous rooms I found on google.
I have rules when decorating rooms
1. They have to be a little long term, atleast could stay the same for 3 years and you would not really grow out of anything (except the bed!). Colin agreed this was a good idea so we wont have to spend a ton of money later on re-decorating a room for a toddler etc even if location changed.
2. Crafty! I need something that will entertain me while I do it. Since I can't be around paint chemicals but I still want to help out, I am going to do tons of art projects to put in the baby's room. I am also going to do a lot of sewing, framing, and pillow making!
3. Minimal blue. This is going to sound silly, but I just cant stand blue walls! I love blue accents, but I feel a little closed in with a room of blue, unless it is a really pale blue. But even then, it is not a favorite. That is why we chose Yellow and Grey!
Try not to hate on our color choices yet, because TRUST me they are awesome. Here are some of my inspirations for the room. 90% of everything you see will be DIY. So I will be one busy lady this summer!
We are calling our theme: Yellow and Grey Elephant
Here is Colin & I's favorite future part of the room:
The zig zag print that will be on one of the walls! The others will be grey or yellow!

For the ceiling, we decided on doing something a little different.
We decided we didnt want just some old school mobile that most babies have, so we are doing. . .
The ceiling poms. A lady on my birthboard did these in her Son's room and they turned out awesome. Really easy to make and all together costs 15 bucks!

The wall art! I am super excited for this!

These all are adorable, and I am posting this to kind of convey the color palette. I am going to do the bottom left picture! It is actually super easy to do. All you have to do is go to a JoAnn fabrics and get a few different sized embroidery hoops. Then you go and pick out some eye catching fabrics that you love. I found a really cute elephant one I am going to use, and I actually also found an apple pring that is identical to the print in the center of that picture. The embroidery hoops will tighten the fabric and then BAM! Wall art. making all five of these will cost under $30 dollars. I have a cute clock that is actually very similar to the one in that picture, and I will be using that on the wall too!

These are also DIY book slings. The room we are using is not huge, so this is perfect! All of Braydens books will go on there. Super simple to make with the help of some good old power tools and patience. ;)
I also have an obsession with sheepskin! I love the way it looks on a rug. And I always wanted one for my room but it never exactly worked since I have such a huge bed and no one would get to see it in all of its glory. So ofcourse, Brayden is going to have a sheepskin rug. This is the first thing on my list that I cannot DIY. I am gonna go out to IKEA this week and get it for $30 dollars. Pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself ;) Doesn't it look like a fluffy cloud?!

Changing pad covers! I think I am going to make a few of them, beause I am sure they get dirty and I just want an excuse for some change. Here are some of the fabrics I am choosing from! I am a huge fan of the elephant one in the top right. I also love the Giraffes and the 2nd grey print in the bottom row that is overlapping squares.

Using the magical vistaprint.com I am going to do all of my picture framing craziness. I am going to blow up two of Braydens ultrasounds and one picture of me and Colin while I am pregnant. Those will go on one of the walls.
Here are some other cute little posters in frames I might make.
WHO DOESNT LOVE ELEPHANTS?! These when all is finished would cost around $12 dollars all together. Goodwill has an endless supply of picture frames for a dollar, just sayin'. It is practically stealing!

So as you can see I have some good ideas brewing. And Colin is waaaay more excited than this about the Hungry Caterpillar theme. But This one will be more fun for me to make, and I know Colin is excited to attempt making the zig zag wall with my dad. Colins mom has a projector screen that we will probably end up using for some of these little crafy designs.
Colin wants me to tell you all that I am secretly making the baby love me more. . .
If I put my hand on my belly and say "Brayden do you love me?" He kicks.
If Colin does it, he wont kick.
We tested it like 9 times.
So Colin has been determined to make Brayden like him more ( I just think that it was all coincidence, but noooooo says Colin.)
Things I have learned about Brayden (Or I assume are right from things that have happened!)
Favorite drink: Lemonaide. It makes him kick like crazy
Least Favorite food: Artichokes. I guess I can't blame him, but I love them! He usually kicks and wiggles like crazy after I eat fruits or veggies. But Artichokes just give me headaches now. I think its him doing it!
Favorite food: Fresh strawberries! I eat these like candy now. I used to not be a fan, and I am still not entirely. But whenever I eat them he kicks so big that you can see his feet or arms moving from the outside! If I am wearing a tight enough shirt I am sure people would be able to see it too!
Favorite time of day: 4 in the afternoon. He has quite the personality. I usually take a nap right then, and he decides thats the perfect time to start getting his groove on. He loves to hit my ribs. Yes, he is already up that high. He has nowhere to go! I have no idea how he is going to fit in my belly in just 3 and a half months when he is about to pop out!
Favorite music: He loves techno (ew, in my opinion) and country. He HATES Colin's screamo music though, but he loves Colins favorite music stations. So it looks like he got my country lovin' genes and Colins alternative music taste. Thats fine with me. I think he already has a crush on Carrie Underwood ;)
Favorite noises:
-Gun shots on TV
-Me humming ( I think its because it echos throughout my body)
-Colin when he does his "super deep voice"
- Colins reading voice
-When I sing in the car
In other randomness. . .
It is kind of Cool seeing (or guessing!) who he is. I will love him no matter what, but it is pretty awesome seeing how different and alike we possibly are.
What I love the most is seeing Colin so excited when he feels Brayden kick. I told him to start saying more stuff so Brayden will start to recognize his voice.
I am 24 weeks today, and I officially have started getting heartburn. Bring on the TUMS! I have never had heartburn before, so I thought I was dieing or something until Colin informed me I was a drama queen. It was nice being told I was not going to die. Thanks Colin ;)
Life is good right now, and I am very happy. I love Colin....hehehehehhheehhee :)
Tomorrow I am going to be doing some major cleaning and organzing with my mom to get that baby room ready to be painted!!!
I hope that I can have the whole room ready by August 1st. It is about a month before my due date, and I want to be ready!

Is it weird that I google food just so I can stare at it longingly and drool?
"Food porn" is apparently the term for it. I love cake. Love it. Ah. Cake <3

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.