Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh, old age.

Some of you are probably going to want to smack me after this,
BUT I FEEL SO FRICKEN OLD.


I am one of those weird people who literally has a phobia of getting wrinkles and aging. I am eighteen...

I actually remember being with my dearest mother at the local drug store when I was fifteen, and questioning the makeup aisle lady:
"Which anti aging cream was right for my skin type and would diminish the look of crows feet?"

Now when I look back, that is just plain embarassing. She probably thought I was on drugs or something, but hey, she made a sale that day!

...that was completely off topic, I just got done looking at myself in the mirror in horror...so I had to share.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COLIN!
So, if you have been reading you should be quite aware I have been having trouble on trying to figure out what to get him. The problem is (about to get super cheesed up in here) he is just so perfect that no gift seems good enough.

I am ashamed to share the following information with you. But, I feel like you all need to know that pregnancy can truly take over the mind:

I was in the mall, and had not eaten all day so I was at that level of hungry where, as my dad would put it, "I could eat a cat on a stick!"

Being the horrible girlfriend that I am, I went out to get Colin's gift at the mall on the day of his birthday. I was in "birthday mode" and I was baking cake for him that morning, so all I could think of was this delicious huge heart shaped cake I had sitting on my counter.
That moist, chocolate covered, high calorie chunk of heaven just waiting for me...calling my name.

" So close, but yet so far away"
I can relate, cookie lover, I can relate.


So, I knew I needed to get home quick, just at least to have a little bit of the frosting off the side of the cake where no one would notice. Yes, I was actually pre meditating this.

I needed the gift in order for any of this wonderful and carefully thought out plan to happen.
I briskfully walked into a store with my wonderous mother called "Things Remembered."
It is this cute little place where you can get nearly anything engraved to say whatever you want on it.

I normally do not do the cheesy little keep sake gifts for guys, but I thought I needed to switch things up for once. . .

They had this little hand sized key chain steel photo frame; one of those ones you can download like 100 pictures on and it makes a slide show. It was in the "teen guy" section, so I figured he would like it.

Then came the hard part. The engraving. What was I supposed to say? What do you put on a gift like this?
 All I could think of was my chocolate cake waiting at home...taunting me, playing mind games like I was some kind of fool...

The lady working there was also pregnant, so I told her my dilemma. She sympathized an got me one of those books that has examples of what you can say.

"You are my light at the end of the tunnel."

" To my other half"

"To the half that makes me whole"

" My one. My only. My love."


Then, it was as if the heavens were shining down on me, and a chorus of angels were signing my name "tuuuurn the page Skyler, tuuuurn it"

And there it was:

"I love you like a fat kid loves cake"

So now, my boyfriend is the proud owner of a digital camera slideshow keychain that says, permanently engraved on the back:
4-12-12
I Love You Like A
Fat Kid Loves Cake
Love, Skyler


And that was my incredibly long and pointless story for you to enjoy. And by the way, he loved it ;) And...added bonus, I got to have 3 different cakes that day. KARMA!

...I am actually considering gaining like 100 pounds...or waiting until I am super pregnant and look like a giant whale, so  I can get this shirt:



 




Pregnancy updates!

I have officially gained my first full pound. Not too shabby for almost 19 weeks, I would say.

I feel so awkward, I officially had to go into maternity today at the Gap. They are so nice there. It was the only place I did not feel awkward shopping at. No one gave me any weird looks, and the guy working there kept saying "faboulus!"


People have given me SO MANY baby clothes, all of them being 0-3 months. I honestly think I wont need to buy anything clothing wise for the baby until he gets past 3 months...Unless it is super cute, or he ends up being a she! Or he is super fat like colin was when he was a baby
. . .DEAR LORD HAVE MERCY!

To any of you preggo mommies out there getting stretchmarks, or afraid of getting them:
Right now I am using palmers cocoa butter ( It was 6 dollars!) It has made the stretch marks on my hips a lot less red looking and more smooth. My skin feels buttery. I reccomend it just as a daily lotion in general, but I do not think it will prevent stretch marks from coming in. It really does make a difference for ones that have already popped up though.


My wonderful cousin Jennifer is sending me some lotion, too! YAY! I am excited to see how it works, and I will give an update. I love MY FAMILY!

COLINS MOM GOT ME THE COOLEST SHIRT EVER!
...but I spilled frosting across it, and will have to show you all tomorrow...woops.I don't even want to spoil its awesomeness, so you are just going to have to come back to see what it says. You all will want one too.
I want to make a shout out to Colin's parents for being so great, by the way. You could have reacted totally different to this situation. I shall now give an example (that is innapropriate, do not judge me people!) to convey how awesome you are in comparison to other guys parents, and how happy I am. :)


So once again, thank you for being so awesome. I love you guys.


If none of you are aware, It is 3:55am where I am right now. My sleep schedule is so messed up. I am starting to blame Colin. You see, he likes to hang out at night, which is usually fine, because I am a night owl anyways. But the problem is, he will sit next to me on the couch and watch TV, and before I know it I subconsiously like cuddle up under his armpit like a weirdo, and I am out like a light. He still does not understand how that is comfortable for me. But I basically get a nap out of it, so then I am fully energized when he leaves, and I end up spending all night doing all these goofy little things! I dressed up my cat , Tubwardo, today. I will post pictures tomorrow because my phones  dead and down stairs! 

TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE FULL OF GREAT LITTLE PICTURES!


Alrighty, I am going to watch Jesus Channel some more. It is the only channel I get in my room for some reason, it is literally like 24/7 Jesus talk. I like to mute it, and then make up what they are saying in my head. It is REALLY funny at 4 in the morning.

RANDOM FACT TIME!

Did you know that being awake for 15 hours straight gives you the same buzz as 2 full glasses of wine? I have never drank wine, but I must be like DRUNK on a nearly regular basis then ;)


Till next time, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.