There is so much to update you all with that I have no idea where to start.
If ya'll dont remember, in my last blog post I updated you on me choosing to become a diagnostic medical sonographer! I also showed you some adooooorable pictures of my little peanut :)
I will update you with the past few weeks in the form of making a handy little list! Dont you all just love organization? I know I do! (unless its my bed room, hey mom!)
1. Teen Parent Connection
So if all of you were not aware, me and Colin are part of this wonderful group. It is completely free and you get to go on tuesdays and thursdays and take parenting classes. On Tuesdays it is a more casual atmosphere where we all eat dinner together then split up into "moms group" and "dads group". In those groups we get to talk about anything and everything, and we learn so much from eachother. Thursday group is currently my prenatal class (random, but the baby just karate chopped me in the hooha!) and in prenatal class we learn all sorts of thing. I have learned how to use cloth diapers, how to prevent SIDs, and how to stay on the good side of the pregnant girl whos brother is in some italian gang. The last one is a little irrelavent, but yeah. Staying very friendly with her. For confidentiality reasons, I can't really say anything more than that...lets just say "he knows people who can do things to other people." Yeah, I almost peed myself when they said that.
2. HICCUPs & Voices!
Colin is getting very frusterated (I dont blame him) Because I am always talking about how I can feel the little smurf droppin it like its hawt in my belly and doing all these really intense dance moves that usually involve punching my belly button. Colin can't feel any of it yet, even though my belly is rock hard. So I guess Brayden just does not like him ;) Just kidding! I can tell that they got some serious father son bonding going on already. If colin gets close up to my tummy and says hi to the baby in his normal voice, the baby kicks like crazy. He does not do that for me! Its because babies love the sounds of low tones. Who knew? Thanks babycenter!
Anyways, after a few weeks of Colin not being able to feel anything at all, something amazing happened! AMAZING I TELL YOU, AMAZING. The baby started hiccuping! Since the baby is in breech position, the hiccups can be felt at the top of my belly. If colin puts his hand there, he can feel them too :) He got all happy it was so cute to watch.
3. Graduation oh oh oh
I guess you could say I am 99% done with school. All I have left are my finals, which I am not worried about at all because I could fail them and still get A's. Aw yaw. Here is my purdy sign I got for being a senior and graduating later this month!
Colin is also graduating too later this month, but he does not have a cool picture of his graduation sign for me to steal because he thinks it is lame!
here is a conversation of ours from earlier this week:
Colin:
"Its so lame how everyone posting pics of their graduation signs, Like who cares that you are one of the 1,000+ people graduating, I know i dont (goes on for like 4 mintues)
Skyler: *cuts in* "Oh, well I posted a picture of mine on facebook an hour ago..."
Colin: "OH." *awkward pause* "Thats awesome, I mean ....yeah, I didnt---"
Skyler: "Shut up fool, im educated."
That was one awkward car ride. . . Not really.
4. PromProm was so magical, romantic, and will be remembered for years to come....for the people who went.
But lets face it, me and Colin are just way too cool for prom. So instead we went to Chicago. My parents even gave me 100 to take to make up for no prom dress and all that. Lets just say I spent every penny of it, and I love when my parents give me money because right now I am BROKE. I really like the fact that Colin and I almost always spit when it comes to buying things. I dont like being paid for all the time, so we have a nice system down. For example, if we go on a date, he will buy the dinner and I will buy the movie tickets and pop corn! It works out very nicely if I do say so myself ;)
Anyways, while we were in chicago we had quite the adventure. Overe her in Naperville, it was about 85 degress. So naturally, I put on a really thin tshirt and a pair of tiny white shorts to get a good tan. Colin wore shorts as well with a tshirt. Why am I telling you this? BECAUSE once we got to chicago, no joke, it was like 45 degrees. Everyone was looking at us like we were straight out of the loony bins, or rednecks on vacation who were weather-challeneged ;) We ended up buying sweat shirts to keep us warm! It was the best 40 dollars I ever spent; I am actually wearing my sweatshirt right now!
We decided to walk around Navy Pier while we were there, and I also bought an adorable bag that I have wanted for a year but never could find! They are hand made and look like hippie bags, and they swing over one shoulder. Perfect for the summer, or a makeshift diaper bag!
The ferris wheel and all the rides were closed at navy pier (another fail!) So we decided to keep walking around the little shops and we took a lot of goofy pictures outside. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! I like how Colin can make everything fun, not matter what it is. I am so lucky!
Pictures of the day!:
5. Pregnant Skyler + Sports = ?
When it comes to sports, I actually love them. I am very competitive but I love to just have fun with it. But If I score a point in anything, I jump around and scream "OH YEAH! YOU SAW THAT! THATS RIGHT! COME AT ME!" with no shame at all. Well, today the ladies of the Bruckner house decided that a splendid idea would be to have a sports day.
Sport #1 Badminton.We played our own little version of this. It was more of a monkey in the middle, try to actually pass the little birdie version. Well...WE ALL SUCK. I have to admit, Samantha was by far the worse. She couldnt even hit the poor thing half the time. It was hilarious to watch. She would also like run to catch it, then dive and make this huge grunting noise to completely miss. My mom was pretty good, but "the wind was against her" no matter what direction she was facing ;) I have to admit I was quite the showoff, eventhough I was equally as horrible. I just had this mind set that I was some olympian. My issue is that I forget I am pregnant, and my balance is now horrible. So I went to catch this pass, hit it into the hair but not far enough, hit it again, again, again, then landed on my back with my little sister attacking me to get the birdie, then lauging at me because I was incoherent. I still got the birdie though and didnt have to be the monkey in the middle because she was laughing so hard she forgot what she was doing!
Sport #2 Basketball.
Well, if you know me in person, you know I am slighly vertically challenged. At 5ft 3 1/2 a basket ball hoop looks really tall. Anyways, me and my mom went to go play a game of H.O.R.S.E. Our rule is that the person has to copy the shot exactly how you do it if you make the shot. So you could spin in three circles, hop, yodle, ANYTHING and if you make it the person after you has to do the same thing. So, I decided to do a backwards shot from the end of the driveway AND I MADE IT!!!!! Finally, someone to witness my greatness!!!!!! This is so dorky, but I FELT AWESOME. Maybe I am thre next michael jordan? hmmm. . . .
6. Familia con Colin.
I recently have met and lot of Colins family and soon to be family! Last night, I went over to his brother Brandon's house to get to know him and his fiance Annette better. Annette has these two little boys who are hilarious and completely adorable. I am never around little boys, so It was really cool to hang out with little guys so I could kind of have an idea of what I was in for. One of them had a stomach with no end. At one point he was asking for 3rd dinner after dessert! He may be the only person in the world who could beat me in a pie eating conest. Video gaming is also a major thing. Especially zombie games. They are geniuses too! The youngest one really knows his numbers.
For example:
1 million blah blah + 3 thousand blah blahs = AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
They are seriously so awesome. And Brandon makes really good chicken pizza. I have had chicken on pizza before, but not like this. It was so yummmmmm. And he loaded it with cheese so of course he was my hero.
They also have the most adorable little teacup yorkie in the universe. Colin wants a german shepard later on, but I am all for these little adorable dogs. SUCK IT UP COLIN!
Later that night we went over go Colin's and I met his grand parents. They are so sweet. His grandmother actually reminded me a lot of my great grandma Dodrill. I really think they would hit it off. Maybe one day they will get to meet eachother :) His grandpa is so cute too, he reminds me of the grandpa in UP, that one disney movie. Not the looks, just the way he walks and talks and stuff. I love grandparents bahahaha. <3
8. Babysat identical twin newborns!
You read that right. I could talk about all the poopy diapers, spit up, and farts that sounded like they came out of a grown man...but instead I will show you adorable pictures of these cute little ladies, Joy & Grace. :) They make me want a little red headed baby!!!!!
7. Baby room prep!I am not sure if I have given all the details on here or not, so I apologize if I repeat my silly old self. We have decided on a room theme. Or more like I did, because I am a perfectionist and thats just how I roll. Of course Colin had to approve it, but the only idea he kept shooting at me was Bears themed (ew, go packers!). Anyways, we chose Very Hungry Caterpillar. It is one of my top favorite childhood books.
We are going to start priming the bedroom (which is currently bright red!) to prepare making it into a sky blue room with clouds and gree grass. Me and my dad are going to start making a book shelf that is shaped like a tree. So cool! There is a lot of cheap home made decor I get to do for the room and I am so excited. Lets hope that Colin loves paper machet and collages as much as I do! He is actually in 2d art in school right now, and is really good at painting. So I hope I can have him make a few cute paintings for picture frames to hang in Bradens room. Im such a sucker for all that home made stuff!
We are so fortunate to have my neighbors up the street giving us the crib etc for such a great price. I also found the cutest hungry caterpillar themed stuff for cheap as well.
I hope that by the end of july we will have the room painted with the furniture, art projects, and bedding in it.
Colin tye-dyed Brayden all these onsies. So he will be such a cool baby chillin' in his room!
This is the room that inspired me, except I am going to do all the cute pictures wooden little pieces on my own! His room will be adorable! :) And the walls will be way more awesome!
8. Me Me Me!
(found this survey to fill out to update ya'll!)
Stretch marks: No new ones! Still none on my tummy, so I hope it stays that way. But my hips and inner thighs look like I was attacked by a cheetah....graaaaar. :(
Belly button in/out: My belly button is still an innie, but it isnt as far in as before. My stomach is expanding day by day, and my tummy is harder than 6 pack abs. So I am guessing very soon I will be saying goodbye to my cute little belly button.
Weight gain: I will be 23 weeks tomorrow, and I have gained 6 or 7 pounds. Depends on the day! I hate gaining weight, but It all is obviously going to the baby so I am not too upset. I just want to stay under 20 for this pregnancy because I am so short and gaining 10 pounds on me looks like I gained 20.
Wedding ring on/off: Single and ready to mingle, come at me boys! Just kidding. Hi, Colin!
Pregnancy brain: Oh my god, i have the worst pregnancy brain ever. I am literally the stupidest person on the face of this earth. I am so gullible and I am pretty sure my dog could do better on a math test than me right now.
How many weeks: 23 weeks! I can't believe I am over half way! This is insane. Soon enough I will have a baybay in my arms!
Gender: blue blue blue BOY!
Cravings: I would eat cardboard if I could. I love all food. In fact, I just got asked to go to my favorite irish pub in down town naperville, SO HELL YA!
"feeeeeeeeeed meeeeeeeee"
Now all I cant think of is a reuben, so I must say farewell!












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.