Friday, July 20, 2012

In a Perfect World. . .

Things like this would not happen.

 When a child asks their parent to go see a movie with friends, usually the parent will let them. Theres nothing you really worry about; if anything you imagine they are going to be safe. Heck, its two hours guaranteed that they are in one location not causing trouble.


One theater in Aurora, Colorado was placed target of a violent and horrific shooting. Over a dozen people were killed, and up to 71 were injured. I have heard many different numbers, but the number is not what matters. It is the fact that someone was so mean, disgusting, and deranged. Someone killed innocent children. He took the lives of mothers, sisters, brothers, fathers, lovers, and best friends. He was a man that left families broken, hearts aching, and a nation in shock. He did it with no emotion; walking out calmly to get arrested as if he was walking out to get the morning paper. I do not want to say this mans name--part of me feels like he did it for the credit. Part of me thinks he did it for some sick and twisted kind of fame. The only thing I really want to call him is disgusting.

I wish I had the right words to explain how much this makes me sick--both emotionally and physically. Just thinking of the kind of mental state this man must have been in; the poisonous and demented nature he must have lived by. Part of me pity's him; he has not only taken lives and ruined them, but he has destroyed his own. He may feel like he is getting attention for his horrible acts, but really all anyone with a heart and soul cares about are those families. That man, to be completely blunt, can go burn in Hell.

Life is supposed to be something beautiful, yet there are so many people in this world filled with the need to cause misery and destruction to the innocent. My heart goes out to the families of those whose lives were taken in the Colorado tragedy today. I hope that all of those that were injured will make a full recovery and can reunite with their families soon.

 I would like to encourage everyone to hold your family extra close today. Thank God---or whoever you believe in, for every moment you have had with them.  We never know when our time is up, and we never know when anyone Else's is. I personally have decided that although something so horrible happened, there is still much more good in the world outweighing the bad. I will still go see movies, go on adventures, and see the best in everyone. One man is not going to have the power to make me live in fear. If anything, he has made me see how many people can come together in a moment of tragedy; How strangers have the ability to comfort each other, to rescue each other, and to ban together in times of sorrow.


I hope everyone has a safe weekend and will not remain fearful. I sincerely believe the best thing anyone can do in the face of something so dark is to show no fear and shine brighter.

How do you talk to your kids about violent events in the news?:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-talk-to-your-child-about-violent-events-in-the-news_3657112.bc

To learn more about the shooting:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.