Ok, not literally eating it raw like some cat while its all bloody...But some women apparently are now turning their placenta into pills and taking them. Doctors now reccomend it! Who knew?!
A lot of people knew, just not me. Nearly every person in my CBE class is going to be doing it. Apparently it makes Postpartum depression way less likely, and gives your body back all the nutrients that it lost during pregnancy. Its the "magic pill" that will make you back to normal and balance your hormones a lot easier. Sounds pretty good to me. And hey, if I cant tell it is my placenta I am swallowing down in mini pills, then maybe I will just do it!
Maybe.

One thing I will be talking to my doctor about is delaying the umbilical cord being clamped.
"Why?"
Good question!
Better safe than sorry, right? I just figure being anemic makes me grumpy, and why would I want a little grumpy baby?!
Other things that I am going to do in my birth plan are:
GOING NATURAL (or I am going to try!)
I know there is no reward for it and no one is going to give me a high five, I am totally doing this just for me. I learned that going natural allows your body to release more adrenalin which will help your labor progress. You will also know when to "push" better than when you are numbed. The main reason though is that I want to get that wonderful surge of "happy bonding horomones" once the baby is born. Sometimes with an epidural you do not get the same kind of surge. ( you still get one, just not as powerful!). Basically, I want to go natural to have the best bonding experience possible. I know it is going to be the worst pain I will probably ever feel---but I will forget all of that the moment I have a baby to cuddle in my arms. Plus, I want to be able to pee without a catheder and I want to be able to walk around and try different positions. Back labor is so stupid in my opinion. I feel like I would do way better in a different position which helps the baby gravitate lower. Another plus is if I want to relieve some stress, I can jump into the shower. I always take showers when I am stressed out or really sick, they always help. I become one with water!
My mom and basically everyone in my family is shocked. They all used epidurals. Hey, I dont blame them! They are smart. No pain, and you can get more sleep! No judging at all. I just think it is a personal experience that everyone needs to make on their own. There really is no "right way" to give birth. The only way it should be done is the way that you feel comfortable with/the way that is best for your health and the baby's health.
The only event in which I plan on getting an epidural is if I have to get a c-section and they know in advance. I have an absolute fear of going under anesthesia. Plus, I want to be awake to see my baby come out of me! Like I said, nothing against epidurals, I just really want to try natural! It would be pretty weird waking up out of a surgery and having someone hand you a baby, you know?

^ In short, expect me to look like this while in labor!!!!
Who is going to be in the room? Who will be visiting?
I firmly believe in the more, the merrier!
I am fine with having friends/family come by as long as I am not pushing. I want Just me and Colin in the room when the baby coming out and offically in the world (or when I get to that point where I turn into a huge bitch and hate everyone because thats how much pain I am in!) I think it is just something that him and I should do together and it should be something special just between us. Plus I want to make sure Colin gets special baby holding time with his son and I get some too.
But I would be excited if our friends and our families came over to say hi and visit, and hopefully distract me from the "OWWWWWWWW!!!"
Plus I want them all to see him all cleaned off and brand new; am going to to want to show that baby off. :)
I know that the hospital that I am having the baby at does something called "skin to skin" where the mom has to have alone time with the baby to "bond." During this time they teach you how to breastfeed, the baby listens to your heart beat (the noise they heard for 9 months straight), and they recognise your scent! Mom even gets a massage! SCORE! I had no idea babies were so smart, but apparently they are. So Becides that one hour, I would love to have people visit. I get really lonely in hospitals. So in short, come on ova!!!
THINGS I AM EXCITED ABOUT!
Little baby room stuff I have completed!
Well, first of all, here is one of my wall decorations!
I made these all by myself and it costed 10 bucks! I rock a cheap nursery like no otha ;)

Sorry the picture is so big, but for some reason I cant re-size it!
Also notice the green and yellow walls :) [Thanks dad for helping paint!]
Have you ever purchased something that looked totally adorable on the advertisement, but then you opened it and were thrown off? WELL, Colin and I went to target (which has everything!) to get accesories for the baby room. One of these things was a monkey hamper for 15 bucks. It looked so adorable on the cover...but then we opened it!

Yeah, not exactly what we expected, but we are going to make it work!
We will be using it for toys :)
I have all my embroidery hoops done, and purchased a super cute lime green clock. I just need to get stuff to hang them up on the wall with, and then I will post a picture! Lists of things I still need to get:
- Night light
-Cute lamp
-Sheep skin rug (THATS ADORABLE!)
Once the crib gets sent over and set up, I will post more pics. Next time you see anything of the nursery, hopefully it will be the finished project!
BE BACK SOON! :)
I also want to try to go natural for some of the same reasons. My body usually feels worse when I take medicine. Im scared to death of having a catheter and I dont want one! I also want to be able to move around and such without having to lay on my back for hours. Im not good at sitting still.
ReplyDeleteYeah, those are more reasons too! I got a catheter put in when I went to the ER at 15w pregnant, it hurt so bad!!!! Plus, I would just like to have that control with my body. . . and be able to get up and pee!!!
ReplyDelete