Maybe it was my combination of hot chocolate, tomatoe ( I know thats not how you spell it, but I think it looks better that way...so BACK OFF) soup, french silk pie, and a vitamin water that I had for dinner.
OR
Maybe it was that sauerkraut I put on my 10 inch sandwich earlier.
..and that snickers icecream bar.
Today was a bad day when it comes to food intake, a very dark and dangerous day indeed.
Despite me feeling like absolute crap, when Colin's mom mentioned something about mexican food my heart melted. I mentioned in my first blog that all I want is mexican food, so I basically wanted to shout from a roof top " I ACCEPT!!!!!! YES!!!!!!" but I thought that would be a little much. But I am looking foward to this fiesta coming up soon ;) bring on the queso ay ay ay!
Either way, I really have to stop with these odd food combinations and having some awkward romantic attachment to food in general. I am pretty sure today I was loving food more than Colin. There was a point where he went in for a kiss and I shoved him away because he was getting in the way of my makeout session with my sandwich <3. ( Sorry Colin!)
I apologize for not being my usual peppy self, but I literally feel like I have been hit by a truck.
AND my back feels like it keeps popping out of place when I stand up so I feel like an old lady all hunched over.
What I am really enjoying is that either my scale is broken or I lost two pounds. And I am eating like a mammoth. If only life was always so simple...
OH! THIS IS THE MOMENT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!
Cheesy Belly Mirror Pic Time ;)
(ok, I am writing this small because it doesnt really have to do with anything, but that new font I am tying in right now is called "Trebuchet" which is really ironic since in my previous blog I was saying how thats the word Colin helped me pronounce. And people say there is no such thing as Fate. PLEASE.)
Ok, Back to the good ol' default font....
This one I just took right now; I attribute anything that you may or may not see here to the mountain of food that I ate today.
MARVEL, YES, MARVEL AT IT.
oh yeah, right here I am ...wait let me go google the exact amount of weeks and days I am...MARVEL, YES, MARVEL AT IT.
The Answer: Well, In 30 minutes I will be 12 weeks and 5 days, so I will go with that!
What is going on inside of that precious little Skyler, you may be asking?
Well, you just found someone who likes to have very detailed information, and enjoys having people to share it with!
At 12 weeks pregnant (according to my favorite website ever, as I have mentioned,
Well, you just found someone who likes to have very detailed information, and enjoys having people to share it with!
At 12 weeks pregnant (according to my favorite website ever, as I have mentioned,
www.babycenter.com) This is whats going down in mah belly... or uterus if we are being educational right now!
I always think of that fat guy from Austin Powers saying "GET IN MAH BELLY!"
I always think of that fat guy from Austin Powers saying "GET IN MAH BELLY!"
Back to the point...
How my smurf is growing:
"The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce."
ISNT THAT AWESOME?
It is crazy to think that all of that can happen in 12 weeks---technically 10, because the first two weeks you arent even pregnant. They just refer to it as "12 weeks" etc to make it easier to follow I guess.
What gets me the most is thinking that a sperm and an egg connect and create something so beautifully complex. Just cells multiplying over and over that magically know exactly what to do and exactly where to go. I also can't wrap my head around all of this. Sometimes I think our smartest moments are when we are growing inside the womb---I mean it must take a lot of skill. Once we are here, we just learn from others and we get support to grow up and be the best we can be. But when you are in there, it's every man for himself. No one tells you to swallow your pee (ew) to train your body for swallowing and breathing, etc. No one tells you to squirm around constantly to gain a sense of balance and reflex. And what about those walking reflexes they have right when they come out? If you hold them up and put their feet on the surface "walking" is already programmed into them, but slowly fades away after a short amount of time. Its almost like they get dumber when they come out of there!
Food for thought, I suppose.
What gets me the most is thinking that a sperm and an egg connect and create something so beautifully complex. Just cells multiplying over and over that magically know exactly what to do and exactly where to go. I also can't wrap my head around all of this. Sometimes I think our smartest moments are when we are growing inside the womb---I mean it must take a lot of skill. Once we are here, we just learn from others and we get support to grow up and be the best we can be. But when you are in there, it's every man for himself. No one tells you to swallow your pee (ew) to train your body for swallowing and breathing, etc. No one tells you to squirm around constantly to gain a sense of balance and reflex. And what about those walking reflexes they have right when they come out? If you hold them up and put their feet on the surface "walking" is already programmed into them, but slowly fades away after a short amount of time. Its almost like they get dumber when they come out of there!
Food for thought, I suppose.
Well, I am actually feeling kind of tired (OMG RIGHT?! This never happens till 5am!) So I am going to go to sleep...hopefully. The mind can be an evil twisted thing sometimes. I could very well be up in just a few short minutes...
Oh, and thankyou Colin for reminding me to take my prenatal vitamins, even though I always choke on them :( stupid vitamin makers. Cant they make them fun size? well I guess pills arent ever really all that fun. Unless you are a drug addict--but that is wrong and if you are you should get help right now. *ABOVE THE INFLUENCE!* oh yeah. Okay, rambling. I apologize.
Goodnight Beautiful!
...or NOT!
I decided for fun I am going to start ending my blogs with some meaningful quote to provide some inspiration to all of ya'll.
This one is by one of my Idols, Marilyn Monroe. This one has actually helped me a lot lately with everything going on and such. Maybe it'll help you as well! :)
“This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, somg go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babe, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up becuase if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”
okay, for real now, even though this is really hard to do because my ADHD just keeps me going on and on like some kind of crazy person, which I am....
Goodnight beautiful!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.