Monday, February 27, 2012

Too Excited to Sleep

Goooooo Figure.

Venting on this blog has already made me get all excited and stuff. I hope this lasts, I really do.
The problem is---2:47am on a Sunday is NOT the best time for someone to start throwing a mini party in their bedroom.

I am the biggest dork too, I am texting everyone in my family this blog and I am thinking of baby names.

It is honestly like something just clicked.
Or maybe its one of those unexplainable mood swings? There are hundreds more to come, watch out Illinois.

Sitting here thinking of names, I can tell I am going to have issues picking just one.

With a name like Skyler, I have gotten used to having a more unique and less heard name.
I dont want to have a daugther named Sarah or Katie--I need something more "woooooah!"
(not that Sarah and Katie arent perfectly fine and dandy names)

My boyfriend probably wont like this because he knows my taste in names, and he is totally a more traditional namer himself...he doesnt exactly like names like Niamh and Isla. So this could get difficult!

I feel a WWIII coming on. [If he knows who he is dealing with, he will let me get my way ;) ]
I shall come at him with the full force of a thousand belches, farts, crying fits, snores, and food hogging. He will surrender soon enough.

ONE THING THAT IS AWESOME.
My boyfriend... *drools*...hes so cute :) oh anyways...

He has an older brother who I only met him once but I really liked him. Him and his COMPLETELY GORGEOUS fiance are also expecting a baby. She is due somewhere in late August. I am really looking foward to meeting her. Im gonna make our babies best friends. ( they have not been informed of this yet, but I mean c'mon 2 cute babies are totally better than one! )

That's another thing. I am super big on family.
A lot of my family lives off in Nebraska, so I love that my boyfriends family lives so close together. It is also awesome that he he has age gaps with his siblings because I only have 2 sisters who are super close in age.

I am really looking foward to meeting all of them--but it is a little scary. I mean I am totally aware they are all incredibly nice people, but oh my God, I had an ex-boyfriend from hell who I swear gave me PTSD. His mother was something out of a horror film, I am talking she made him go home at like 7 on weekends but then would let him go out with other friends. She was convinced I was some kind of drug addicted drunk ( which is pretty flippin insulting if I do say so myself.... because I do neither) And beyond that when I went over to his house she would say hello to everyone except me, take everyones coats except mine...you know, that one. Upside she gave me a bottle of body wash for Christmas after making a comment on how I was wearing too strong of a spray. How wonderous. But yeah, even though I dated that guy for 3 years, his whole family basically shunned me. Never said more than 3 words to his father or brother. Scarred for life.

There is also my family to factor in. What I am about to say I mean in a POSITIVE WAY, although some of you may be tilting your heads to the side and saying "wtf?!" My family is a little off-beat. When we eat, table manners are kind of thrown out of the way and anything goes. I'm not saying we eat like savages, I just mean we are completely nutty when it comes to conversation. The first time my boyfriend ate with us, I am pretty sure he almost died. i.e. we had chinese food and my little sister and I started relating crab rangoon to some extremely disgusting human body functions. We all have a very odd and quirky sense of humor that my mom rolls her eyes at (but secretly loves) and that I blame my Dad for passing down to us. I mean, ofcourse I dont act like this whenever I go out. But I am fully aware I am a crazy. Im just a little different in some ways, and some people just really dont get me. I have people fooled at first, they think I am all shy and ladidadeda smiley smiley smiley , but then give me two weeks and its like BAM! what the hell just happened to this sweet girl? She is some kind of monster! Im just a little awkward and...I think I'm funny? well, I laugh at my jokes ;)

But like I said I really do want to meet them all, I just gotta do some yoga or something to calm myself down bwahahaha. Yoga....riiiiiiight. Doesnt help with all these whacked out horomones. I randomly got balls the other day and said hi to his mom where she worked. AND SHE WAS TOTALLY AWESOME. I am completely aware I sometimes act like I belong in a looney bin, but im just paranoid. And like I've said before embarassed about all this---but I am pretty sure thats normal. But she was great, and gave me a hug, and we talked just about random stuff, projects she was working on etc. Made me ease up a looooooot.

His Dad is super nice too---I honestly can't even rationalize why I am such a little baby about all of this. I mean his dad got me cookies with my name on them. Yes, you read that right. Personalized cookies for a pregnant person. It was like Heaven on steriods. Beyond that, the first time I met him he showed me baby pictures of my boyfriend...ahhh...so cute, to break the ice.

His sister and I texted, and she was super cool too. Offered up tons of support and comfort just like his brothers did when they found out.

I'm just loco.
Breathe Skyler, Breathe. You will be ok. Eye of the tiger. Shoot for the stars. bippity boppity boo. I dont know. May the force be with you? Let's hope.

Colin ( oh yeah, thats his name...I should stop referring to him as "my boyfriend") Is on the phone with me as we speak...and I hope he realizes he has school in the morning and im not helping him with his English class so he can sleep through it...cough cough...
Anyways, Colin wants a girl! I think I want a girl. I would be completely lost with a boy. I grew up with a family of all girls---barbies and tutus is all that I know. But I guess I did learn some hunting skills and know how to...slightly...ride a motorcycle. That counts for something, right?
We both agreed on this girl preferance after walking through walmart and noticing how the girls clothes were so much cuter! (such a logistical reason, right?) Ok bye Colin, no Colin I will not name my potential son Charlie nor will I name him Thor. Try again,  I am hanging up, love you.
Back to the whole walmart thing...This is kind of funny because over the summer when me and Colin were just friends (but he was totally in love with me, just saying.. wink wink...) we used to play a completely idiotic game called "pregnant at walmart" which consisted of me putting a beach ball under my shirt and walking around the aisles and yelling things like "Dont judge me!" when people stared.Things get boring around here sometimes so we create our own fun. It's funny thinking that could be a reality oh so soon.

But seriously if people judge me to my face, no one wants to mess with this preggers lady.
Ill come at you full force.
That is a total lie, I will probably go run into my room and cry for hours while eating icecream and then crying more over getting fat or something.

Oh more randomness for you. I bet some of you are wondering now how long I have known Colin. We have known eachother and been in the same circles since the 2nd grade. We were cubby buddies, which meant we shared crayons during craft time <3 oh, young love. We only became really close our junior year when we had 2nd semester Military History class 8th period together. Colin is probably the only reason I passed that class...before him, I thought you pronounced trebuchet TREE-BUCKET. I was hopeless.Thank god for my little asain. He's not asain, but he looks asain. Theres a whole facebook group dedicated to his asainess. Theres another random fact for you.

It is now 3:28 am. Wide awake. I am having too much fun basically talking to myself and going down memory lane here.

I hope somehow magically I will get an ultrasound at this next appointment. I really want to see the baby looking more like a human and less like and alien-gummy bear mix breed. I hear that they look very human at 12 weeks, so hopefully I am in luck tomorrow :) wooop wooop.

Ok. got to go let my whiny little dog out. Hes a puppy. Its kind of sorta not really like training for the baby to get here, except probably a lot easier.


I will be back very soon :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.