Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's that time of the year!

It's one of my favorite times of the year!

Alright, so I have always been the tomboy of my family. I just never really got into the whole doing my makeup everyday and spending a zillion dollars on clothes. Mainly because I am certainly not a morning person and would rather get that extra 30 minutes of sleep than spend it curling my hair and carefully picking out outfits. ( I admire those who have this capability though)

I take after my beauuuutiful mother in that category; we rock the running shorts, t-shirts, and pony tails---no matter what time of the year! My sisters, on the other hand are total fashionistas and they have a real hard time understanding my comfort based style.

There are very few exceptions to my usual style, and one of them is if I have someone I really want to impress.

In this particular case, I want to look fan-flippin-tastic for turnabout to make sure colin knows that I am still a female! ( I may have been slacking lately in the beauty department; not shaving legs along with uncontrollable belches...I apologize. I have turned into a giant ball of lazy)

Anyways, I am going to go full force this whole week in preperation just for this special day. I am bringing out all the tricks, making a few phone calls, and pulling a few strings to make sure I dont go broke in this process and come out looking like a goddess ;) .

Here is my "beauty schedule" for this one event!
(I would forget if it didnt write it down somewhere...)

Today- Facial day- 99 cents at walgreens.
I always do this facial a week before an event because it really clears up my skin a lot. There is a clause; for about 3 days my face is really red and itchy and I look like a tomatoe (possible allergic reaction, but totally worth it) and then BAM I look like I have the skin of a new born baby ( after its all cleaned off, ofcourse)! And ofcourse, im taking my dress to the drycleaners to make sure it is wrinkle free by the dance! ( I picked 2 dresses and cant decide on which one)


Monday-  Shopping day for some jewelry and shoes with my mommy :) I have made a budget of $30...It is possible, I have done it with $15 before! I always buy EPIC shoes for dances because I love making myself look taller than I am, and heels make everyone look like they just lost 15 pounds over night. When it comes to jewelry, I think I am gonna get some really awesome earrings but maybe no neclace. I usually go with a neclace then regret it later because my neck gets a rash( another allergy I probably prefer to pretend does not exist). But yeah, I am gonna look so good even the victorias secret models will be jealous ;) Plus, part of me is hoping that some really cool shoes and BAM earrings will distract from the little pooch I got going in my dress, fingers crossed. I would totally rock it if I had the lady balls to tell everyone what was going down...But I dont.

Tuesday-  Haircut day at noon!! I tend to forget to get my haircut because it takes so long to grow out, and my hair is extremely thick. Plus, some of you may not know this but my hair is bi-polar. Literally. It is curly underneath and wavy in the middle and stick straight on top. Not a lot of people know how to handle it and I usually end up getting a mullet-esque style. Now that it is finally grown out, I am going to get some bangs put in (god help me!) I also have to put in an order for colins boutineer thingy. Even though he hates those >:) they look classy ;) He can take it off after 10 minutes of pictures and I will be a happy camper :)


Wednesday-  Back to the hair salon! The trick on saving money here is going to a really good salon, but getting a "young talent." They cost less than half the price, and if they dont do it how you like it, you still get a pro stylist to do your hair for free of charge. So for me, it will only cost $40! I am getting my hair dyed back to my natural color; I am actually a dark blonde! I know it wont be "natural" but I want it as close as possible so I can start just growing out my hair and not having to worry about up-keep. Plus, I am pretty sure it looks better natural anyways. My doctor said it was fine to dye my hair once I got to 13 weeks, so I am taking their advice with that! I hope it turns out well. ;)

Thursday- The dreaded eyebrow wax. owwww. See, its not really that bad usually. But my skin has gotten way more sensitive since I got pregnant.  I am doing this a few days before too, because I usually get all red and break out. Beauty is pain though I guess!
After that, I am doing something that I swore I would never do....TANNING. SPRAY TANNING. My friends are forcing me against my will! So I am going to go to bolingbrook and get a $5 spray tan; I figure if I come out looking like a cheeto then I will have time to scrub myself down and get rid of it. ( I cant believe I already dont look like a cheeto...I have been averaging about 2 bags on a good day) Oh, no one tell Colin I am going spray tanning, I told him I wouldn't hehehe. He will figure out soon enough. . . Sneaky, sneaky ;)

Friday- The day before the dance is the most crucial day of them all! I buy the tickets for the dance, take out some money to pay for the dinners, and I pick up my dress from the cleaners! I got to make sure my shoes remain hidden ( last year my dogs decided to turn them into chew toys!) This day is all about organization and getting a proper amount of sleep(which is impossible because I am always so excited!) And I spend most of the day also thinking about how good colin is going to look, I was so jealous I wasnt his date at homecoming because looked so HOT! ( I set him up with by bestfriend that he wasnt into at all because he liked me but I had a boyfriend ( who was a total jerk) and  she liked him...then me and my boyfriend break up 2 days before the dance...I found a new date named Jake who was a cutie, but I would have rather been with Colin and Colin wanted to go with me...it all makes up for a verylong and complicated story...did you even follow that? wooow my ADHD is really bad at telling stories..) Long story short, we finally get to go to a dance together. That is a major WIN! TOUCHHOWN! SCORE!!!

Saterday- Ah, this is the day! It is all about taking everything that I created and bringing it all together. I got a hair appt at 2pm (because I never quite learned how to master the curling iron) and then I put on the dress, do my makeup perfectly, pick up the boutineer and go to pictures! AND HE BETTER APPRECIATE ALL MY HARD WORK DANGIT.


^ That list was more for me than you. I tend to forget when I schedule and do things, so I figured It would be best to write it all down! Now for the stuff you may find more interesting. . .



Other randomness...

Tuesday I finally get to go to dinner with Colins familia. I am super excited. His mom has told me to formulate a list of places...oh God. The truth is I eat anything. There are only two foods I dont like. 1. Horseradish 2. Celery. Becides that I am a happy camper. And I have figured out almost anything tastes good if you put ketchup on it.

I will try my best to make a list, but I will need Colin's help. Like I said, I am horrible at remembering names so I will be all like "whats that one place with that one thing that was like wooooah" and he will know exactly what I am talking about. It is like we can read eachothers minds. We actually do read eachothers minds. I cant explain how; it is some kind of phenomenon...


Anyways...

Another random update!

I have lost five pounds since I got preggers! TALK ABOUT AN EXTREME WIN. So when I start gaining, it will be like 5 free get-out-of-jail-free pounds! (I really liked monopoly as a little kid)

AND!

Now, this is exremely embarassing...brace yourself.

I am only 13 weeks so It is not like I can really "feel" anything down there moving yet.

BUT I COULD HAVE SWORN TO MY LIFE I FELT FLUTTERS OR SOMETHING.

Then colin, who I now look at as the omen for this, was like "You're probaby just gonna get some bad gas or something Skyler..."

"yeah right Colin. I think I know what I am feeling..."

....I feel like I dont really have to tell how the end of this story went.



That is all the TMI for this post, no worries. But I had to share.

Another weird thing. I am pretty sure my dogs and cats are on to something.
They are all following me around like mad...EVERYWHERE I GO!
And they will guard the doors if someone comes into a room I am in and will visciously growl at them sometimes. It makes me feel special like I got my own body guards. I researched it, and it is very real. Dogs can actually sense changes in your body and react to them by being over protective and/or peeing all over everything. Mine are doing both. Guess who cleans that up now? ME!


Well, this is my last random thing...
Sometimes I will randomly feel down during the day, and I will need a pick-me-up. Here are a few things that I found that make me roll over laughing( warning: a few of these are a bit...offensive, with a few...unique word choices):










 Why hello all, I am Sarah McLachlan (*in the armsss offfff the annngels, flyyy awaaayyy frooom here*....*followed by a puppy with big brown eyes sadly looking into the camera** ) Every day, thousands of dogs are beaten and neglected...helpless, just trying to find the will to survive in the cruel dark world...(Contines for 15 mintues*) Please give us a donation, and we will send you a picture of one of these helpless dogs.

WOW. REALLY? OH, COME HERE PRESLEY!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I WILL NEVER LET YOU GO EVER EVER AGAIN!!! *CRYS FOR 20 MINUTES*


Once again, my apologies, especially to my younger cousins reading this blog. NAUGHTY WORDS ARE NOT OK. GOT IT?
Anyways, I have to finish typing that essay that I have been stalling on all week. So I must bid you all a farewell.

Before I do that,
" You only live once"

It is such a cliche quote, but really think about it. This is your one life; make the most of it. Have fun, be crazy sometimes, and be open to new experiences.


 SEE YOU ALL VERY VERY VERY SOON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.