There is one thing many of us have in common : We all have been to a High School dance.
Now, we all see those movies filled with all the cliche moments that we all watch and then say, "Thank God high school is not really that bad!"
But at a School like NVHS, there are a lot of these cliches that live up to the high bar set by the movies.
I like to do something called "people watching." Some may say that I fit that creepy stalker vibe, but I would prefer to be described as someone who is just extra observant ;)
When attending my High Schools turnabout dance last night, with the theme of "A Night in New York", It was quite interesting. . .
All of a sudden I felt like one of those Steve Erwin types of people, with my binoculars and my safari hat and all, hiding behind the candle lit tables and observing all those around me,
"Ahh, heres a fine specimen; the Bleach Blonde cheerleader sporting her shimmering orange coat of fur and trible paint making her appear nothing like her true identity. Notice the slight limp and wabble--The Cheerleader breed in these parts of town enjoy "pre-gaming", a ritual in which they get drunk off their butts until they become completely vulnerable and everything turns black. At these times they may show signs of agression, laugh uncontrollably, become extra flirtatious, or cry literally on command. It is an extra special catch of the day if you can find one capable of doing all of the above."
exhibit A:
An example of some of the "pre-gaming" before attending a dance. As you can tell it requires immense concentration and you have to be quite intelligent to complete these tasks. . .
"Oh watch out! Sitting over there in the corner you will find the band "geeks"; although extremely nice catches and excellent with music, they are often ignored by the ladies such as the Cheerleaders who go to to every dance; No serenade is good enough for them unless it comes along with six pack abs and a nice foot ball scholarship. The tuba players are quite alert and know of this, so they mostlikely came here looking for a good hunt, but brought the wrong ammo along with them. They are often shy, slightly awkward, and bad dancers. But when it comes to slow dances, they are often very good from all those times at the nursing home dancing with grandma. Like I said, they are like a diamond in the rough. Sometimes hard to spot right off the bat, but if you are interested you can look for warning signs like lingereing eyes, a lot of punch glasses, leg twitches, and fiddling of the hands. In my experiences these are the best dates because once they loosen up they have a fine and dandy time. They also are usually very cute but too closed in to be noticed. THESE ONES ARE LIKE GOLD!"
Exhibit B: As you can obviously tell, the dance moves may need some work. But once he is found, you will have an excellent time. Also take note to the adorable goofiness. It is truly pricess. C'mon ladies, make this ones night by asking him to dance. He will be the one doing you the favor!
Anyways . . .
After my people watching, I had an excellent time with my date who was certainly the cutest guy there. The dance was perfect despite the bad choice of music made by the DJ. We made it fun, and even went bowling after with a ton of people. Heres a picture I promised:
I have more pictures, but Colin sent this one to me off of his phone. I lost the uploader cord to my camera, but once I find it I will add more! :)Oh and just as a side note, I totally owned Colin in bowling if you are wondering... ;)
NOW FOR THE BABY SURVEY!!!
How far along? 14 weeks exactly! HELLO 2nd TRIMESTER!
Due date:
09-09-2012, still!
Maternity clothes? I give myself about 2 more days before I cant button my jeans. I am definently going to have to start making yogas and stretchy pants an "everyday" style.
Sleep:
I slept 15 hours today. My mom has a good point; I am anemic and pregnancy usually makes people more anemic, so I am going to have to get a new type of pre-natal vitamin at my next visit. Hopefully they have gummy vitamins for me!!!! :))
Symptoms: Fatigue to an extreme level, headaches, and VERY bloated. I have pictures of me before I got preggers, like the week before, and I honestly look 15 pounds lighter even though I havent gained anything :( Very sad. Doesnt help that I had gained like 20 due to a medication I was on....But now that I am off of it I think that is why I am not gaining anything, because I am already bigger than I was "naturally" lol. Thats my defense :) So I am sure the weights gonna keep coming off atleast for a little bit, then it will start creeping its way up. DAMN YOU, SCALE.
Labor Signs: nada, still got a lot of
cookin' to do!
Belly Button in or out? It actually has changed a little bit, but it is still an inny. My whole tummy just feels harder.
What I miss: Not being so swollen; this is just the beginning so it is only going to get worse! But it is comforting knowing I am not gaining a huge amount of weight, and I will go almost-back-to-normal if I keep this up.
Feeling toward Pregnancy: I like how it is making my skin clearer and making me not like junk food as much (becides hot dogs OMG!!!) But I am still nervous and trying to get more excited. Once again I think my mom is right; I will get more attached and happy once I am a litter further along and people know. Also when I will be able to feel the baby kick and stuff, and I know it will be able to hear me. I know it likes me more already because whenever Colin touches my tummy all of a sudden I get a head ache. So obvioussssly that means the baby thinks im the bomb and colin is equivalent to poop. Just kidding Colin, it will love you...maybe ;) MUWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA.
What I am looking forward to: Figuring out if the little smurf is a boy or a girl! I have two themes figured out for some of the art work I am doing, but I need to know the gender before I can totally start them! Also, I am looking foward to finally getting all the insurance stuff figured out so I can just relax. I also am looking foward to putting all my coupons to good use ;) I literally have a scrapbook made of them, its really dorky. But I like being organized and planning ahead when shopping. I am a planner ;)
Alright, now it is quote time!!!
" May we live till we die and then grow wings"I love this, its part of a less-known Irish Hymn. It is actually one of my favorites. I thought I would post this since St. Patricks Day is just around the corner!
That's all, FOLKS!



we have the same due date! Ahh, neato!
ReplyDelete